Oatmeal is an excellent and healthy way to start your day. This cereal is not only good for health but it also has many beauty benefits. Yes, you can use oats for hair and skin problems. Yes, you heard it right. This delicious cereal has many benefits and in this piece I will be sharing some simple yet effective oatmeal recipes for beauty and hair care.
- Oatmeal and egg Yolk Face Maskwith Turmeric
- Beat one egg yolk with two tbsp of oatmeal and two tbsp turmeric.
- Now add 1 tbsp of lemon juice in it
- Mix all the four ingredients completely.
- Apply this (paste on face in upward direction).
- Keep it for around 10 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
This face mask is very good for dry skin as it tightens skin. This mask also helps in preventing wrinkles so one can start using this in late 20’s to prevent ageing signs.
- Oatmeal and Honey Face Scrub:
Oatmeal is a very good exfoliating product as it is gentle but still works effectively.
- Mix 2 tbsp of oatmeal with half cup raw milk.
- Now add 1 tbsp of extra virgin oil and 1 tbsp of honey in the mixture and mix it well.
- Leave this paste for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes smooth.
- Now, gently apply this mixture on your face and massage in circular motion. Keep scrubbing your face gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Then rinse off with cold water.
This oatmeal and honey scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you radiant glowing face. Honey present in the
scrub will keep your face moisturized and hydrated making it softer.
- Oatmeal as Dry Shampoo:
Having a bad hair day? Don’t worry oatmeal can be used as dry shampoo. Yes, you heard me right.
- Grind oatmeal in a grinder to make a fine powder.
- Now, mix 1 Tbsp Corn Starch or baking soda to 1/2 Cup of oatmeal powder.
- Add in few drops of essential oil to make your hair smell amazing. For darker hair add in some cocoa powder.
- Rub this mixture into your hair and then comb it out with wide tooth comb. Oatmeal removes excess oil and dirt from scalp.
Now you can move out of your house without even shampooing your hair. Isn’t it a great handy tip?
- Oatmeal and Baking Soda Body Scrub:
- Mix oatmeal and baking soda in equal proportion with the help of warm water. Keep this mixture into warm water for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes soft.
- Now, use this mixture as scrub for body and gently massage. You can use this on hands, legs, back, foot etc. After scrubbing, wash off with cold water and pat dry. Oatmeal and baking soda are excellent exfoliator and when combined they exfoliate flawlessly. This body scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you smooth and soft skin.
Run into the kitchen and make your own oat now.